February 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
Well I made it through my first major project officially as a Project Manager … I have disappeared for quite a long time here on my blog, which I do regret, but I dove into this project completely and learned a lot in bringing to life a concept to a fully functional ecommerce website and for that, I am very proud of the work I have completed with my team.
I would like to share with you learning lessons as a Project Manager for the creation of of my newest project, but then also send to you an amazing site that came out of dedicated work with a passionate team of designers over the past six months. Some learning lessons apply to building a website, but most apply to all projects that involve intense coordination between multiple team players.
- Start with a site map (basically an outline of all the pages and where they fall)- it will make or break your project.
- Create an organizational structure when writing content and save in appropriate folders- same for the photos- this will keep all team members happy!
- Determine the scope of the project from the start and stick to it to be able to deliver the finished project ON time. You can always add on later. Stick to your sitemap as much as you can.
- Work with passionate people; it is the biggest difference in success or failure.
- Do your research and document well.
- Don’t forget to stop and sharpen your saw; this is something that I heard about in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. He makes the point that in order to complete the job, sometimes you need to stop and refocus (or get the tools you need to complete the job), then dive back in- sometimes we forget this, but this is by far, the biggest learning lesson for me.
Well that is it for now, but when you get a free moment, check out http://www.dansessentials.com/ . It is a very educational site on Nutrition, specific to Kids, Seniors, Pregnancy, Weight Loss, and so much more. In addition, the site sells some pretty fantastic whole food products and recipes for each! Love to hear what you think.
July 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
In case you have been wondering why I have not posted in a few days; I took on an amazing job as Project Manager to head up a new website and I having been researching day and night. The new site is going to really simplify nutrition, providing great food choices for specific needs and supply healthy whole-food products. I have been spending a lot of time specifically researching whole foods to cure, treat and prevent, Cancer and many other diseases, ailments and specific needs. I just read this and had to share, it is pretty brilliant and speaks to living a full life whether you are battling a disease such as Cancer or not.
“Feed your mind the good thoughts of music, beauty, laughter, play, art, and friends; share a glass of wine or a cup of tea at sunset, and discuss the events of the day with a loved one. Feed your heart the good feelings of love, forgiveness, confidence in your abilities, a sense of purpose in your life, and a trusting relationship with your Creator. And feed your body good nutrients through diet and supplements, thus providing your body the raw materials that it needs to rebuild itself. You can recover from Cancer.”
–Patrick Quillin, PhD, RD, CNS, author of Beating Cancer with Nutrition
… and to this I add, Life is precious, enjoy it now. Stay strong out there and eat well. I will share the site as soon as it is live, very excited!